With in-depth reviews and analyses of recent advances in pain medicine, this Crosby program also addresses the tremendous changes affecting the practice of pain management. Intensive Update provides insightful assessment and clinical evaluation to help you better:
- Understand the pathophysiology of acute and chronic pain
- Identify various chronic neuropathic pain conditions
- Recognize the impact and reform on pain medicine
- New, novel, state-of-the-art interventional and non-interventional techniques in diagnosis and management of chronic pain, mobility and headaches
- Is Addiction a Disease?Drug addiction is painful enough without people questioning the nature of the struggle that you, or your loved one, face. How many times have you heard "Why don't you just quit?" Many drug addicts would – "just quit," that is – if it were truly so easy. After all, drug addiction is an intensely painful circumstance that drives wedges between loved ones and drastically impacts the health of the sufferer.
- 10 Signs That It’s Time to Seek Alcohol Addiction TreatmentIt can be hard to face up to alcohol or drug addiction – but the difficulty of confronting the problem is well worth the happier, healthier life waiting at the other end. Alcoholism is one of the most common forms of addiction. Essentially, it’s defined as the inability to manage drinking habits in a healthy manner. Alcohol addiction ranges greatly in severity, but if you or one of your loved ones experience any of these 10 signs of alcoholism, it is likely time to seek professional alcohol addiction treatment.
- Coping with Post-Acute Withdrawal Symptoms During Addiction RecoveryIf you suffer from drug addiction or have made the choice to undergo therapy, congratulations! This will be a long and challenging journey, but the end results of a healthier, happier life are worth it.